Monday, May 11, 2015

Attractions of Travel


You ask 
why I perch 
on a jade green mountain 

I laugh
but say nothing
my heart
free
like a peach blossom
in the flowing stream
going by
in the depths
in another world
not among me.

- Li Po, from One Hundred Poems from the Chinese
translated by Kenneth Rexroth

After travel, 
I sift through my senses to discover what's learned.  

Portugal presented itself in street art.


A tender from the ship provided discoveries in Belle Ile.
 
The shapes and shine attracted in Bilbao.


Monfleur reflected in a dance.

Giverny spoke in flowers.

 Discoveries abound with creative views.
Pilgrimage to Santiago Campastino

A Paris day saved by Starbucks.

Awareness and emotions at Normandy's beaches.


Returning from the depths of international perspectives makes one appreciate a sense of home base.





No comments: